Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Giddy Up and Go Little Cowboy (Story: Funny)

I have to say I am still laughing. I have been laughing since before 7 a.m. this morning. Have you ever had one of those days where the SMALLEST things bring you humor? Oh goodness gracious. I have to thank Christy over at Southern Plate for getting today rolling. Her post this morning,
There are two flies in the kitchen - which one is a cowboy?

The one sitting on the range! ~giggle!
I have to admit I am a bit of a stalker. She is one of the VERY few Facebook status updates I subscribe to be delivered via text to my phone.  I have found that she has the same sense of humor as I do and delights in the little things in life (You'll have to mosey on over to Lost on the Horizon's blog later today for some visual simple things that make us happy).  Anyway....

So I proceed to share the joke with my " not so cordial, working on her morning attitude" 16 year old teenager. She looks at me, with one eyebrow raised and told me I was the weirdest person on the planet and she didn't get it. How could she not get it, little miss queen of the rodeo and pasture princess? Cowboy riding the range? She just looked at me and promptly went back to her morning ritual.

My Little Sweetheart of the Rodeo


About ten minutes later, I'm sitting at my dressing table (yes, I am an old lady trapped in the life of a 38 year old - I have a dressing table, and use it - it is antique and belonged to my grandmother, thank you very much), and a friend sends me another joke to try on her:

 Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? The food was okay, but there was no atmosphere.


Commence giggles. Mine. Not hers. Giggles so hard my sides are cramping and I have tears. Again I'm met with a stern look, an audible sigh, and some mumblings that I am sure I'm glad I couldn't understand.

She wouldn't send me a photo with the look she had, so I had to steal this off her Facebook.

Twenty minutes later on the way to school, she is telling me how this sweet boy was telling her similar jokes yesterday, to include the one: " You know why the skeleton didn't cross the road? He didn't have the guts!" Bahahahahahahaha I told her she needed to share the cowboy fly joke. I was informed everyone would think she was stupid because it made no sense. And then I was faced with the realization when explaining it to her, that I had epically failed as a Cookshack queen and a mother because she had NO idea what the RANGE IN THE KITCHEN was! She said if she'd known it would have made sense. Still wouldn't have been funny though! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm still giggling, and I think a snort escaped. Bless her little heart.....

Winston and Cookie

So what's your funny for the day? You know, the 2nd grade, trading pudding packs makes you giggle kind of funny?

Love, Peace and Pie.....
RED

5 comments:

  1. HIlARIOUS!!! The funniest part to me is that I know exactly what look you are talking about from your baby girl! I know it well. I get it daily from my own teenage bundle of joy. Hope your day continues to be full of laughter. XOXO

    Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh I'm going to have to add that to the "giggles" page. Oh how I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PS. We are so going to pay BOTH of them back when they have kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and I so get all of it! I have 3 kids and my jokes are "old" when I laugh out loud at something I just read, and they say, what's so funny, I read it to them and I'm lucky if it garners a snort, lol. Glad I found you!
    Hugs,
    Joan
    http://chocolatechocolatemorechocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan,
    We LOVE your blog!!! She still doesn't think I'm funny, and the more she rolls her eyes at me, the more I seem to laugh. Bless her heart!

    Hugs!
    MBb

    ReplyDelete