One of the hardest things I've ever heard is that I have the lung capacity of an 84 year old. Then my chiropractor / wellness coach informed me that my body thinks it is in its 60's. SERIOUSLY? I eat healthy, exercise (of course, I'm no nut about it), and take decent care of myself. So this month I've been putting forth a SERIOUS extra effort to eating RIGHT. I've cut out all bread...blasphemy to the Cookshack gods everywhere...and most dairy (mainly to see if I have some intolerance to the cow by product). We've eaten only fresh fruits, veggies, and meat (any kind of meat, except SPAM - if you've been on my FB page, you know what I'm talking about).
With school starting this week, I wanted to get a head start....and I 'm going to need all the encouragement I can get to keep it up:
Me. Organized. Shock. I know. Okay, one shelf organized. There's snacks (all fresh veggies), fruit, and stuff ready for smoothies (non-dairy of course). The only non healthy thing, and I'll pay my penitence later, is the sausage. This all transpired Sunday evening (after church and 3 hours of volunteer work in 100+ weather). I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull it off today, but at 5:58 a.m. this was goin' on in the Cookshack:
So my question is: how do you go from eating balanced meals to healthy meals? Do you have any secrets? What has been the most difficult hurdle? Rest assured though, you'll still see the traditional goodness from the Cookshack, you'll just see some healthier versions. I'm seriously doubting though that there is any substitute for buttermilk. Hmmmm....yeah, not even going to think about it.
I'm just hoping that the craving for chocolate doesn't add another 27 years onto my life.
With school starting this week, I wanted to get a head start....and I 'm going to need all the encouragement I can get to keep it up:
That all transpired into this:
Me. Organized. Shock. I know. Okay, one shelf organized. There's snacks (all fresh veggies), fruit, and stuff ready for smoothies (non-dairy of course). The only non healthy thing, and I'll pay my penitence later, is the sausage. This all transpired Sunday evening (after church and 3 hours of volunteer work in 100+ weather). I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull it off today, but at 5:58 a.m. this was goin' on in the Cookshack:
And that transpired into hers and hers breakfast. Hers came with a tortilla....
...mine came with tomato. Both with a tasty smoothie.
So my question is: how do you go from eating balanced meals to healthy meals? Do you have any secrets? What has been the most difficult hurdle? Rest assured though, you'll still see the traditional goodness from the Cookshack, you'll just see some healthier versions. I'm seriously doubting though that there is any substitute for buttermilk. Hmmmm....yeah, not even going to think about it.
I'm just hoping that the craving for chocolate doesn't add another 27 years onto my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment