Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Today is not just another day. Today is a special day. Today we celebrate my Momma's best friend's birthday. To do so, we called her bright and early (6:30 a.m. her time, which she's sure to have already been up up for an hour) and sang her 'happy happy birthday'. No seriously, that was all we sang. I stopped because there isn't a stock tank big enough for me to carry a tune in. She was so delighted that we called. As we were on the way to school, we had to keep it short, so she gave us a run-down of her plans for her day. She also mentioned that today it was 79! I thought, HOLY MOLY, how can it be 79 degrees in El Paso already? She said no, silly. The birthday. Today is 79. 79? That is not possible. If you knew Grandma KJ, you'd say "surely not!" I must say though, that when I see this quote, it makes me think of her:




Happy Happy Day to one of the original Lost on the Horizon Ya-Yas.
We love, adore and admire you. You are truly an amazing woman.

Love, Peace, and Pie. 
MBB

No comments:

Post a Comment